Saturday, October 25, 2014

Culshaw Miller

Our Adelaide Family Lawyers Provide Specialist Family Law Services

That Include:

  • A broad range of financial settlements relating to relationship breakdown, including complex property settlements and multi-jurisdictional property settlements;
  • Spousal maintenance claims;
  • Child support issues including departure orders, assistance with child support reviews, drafting and advising on both limited and binding child support agreements;
  • International child abduction, Hague Convention applications as well as international child abduction mediations;
  • Complex child-related proceedings including grandparent and meaningful relationship intervention issues;
  • The facilitation of mediation and mediation-style conferences for financial settlements;
  • Family law-based succession and estate planning including binding financial agreements;
  • Insolvency and third party interests in family law proceedings; Mediation and facilitation.

Culshaw Miller Lawyers

Tel: (08) 8464 0033

Adelaide Office: 49 Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide, South Australia 5000

Culshaw Miller Lawyers

Tel: (08) 9488 1300 | Fax: (08) 9488 1395

Perth Office: Level 1, 16 St Georges Terrace, Perth, Western Australia 6000

See more at:

Adelaide Lawyers

Adelaide Lawyers deals with a large number of Family Law children’s matters, and property disputes, and several questions are regularly asked.

We know that separation can be an upsetting experience for everyone involved. You may feel that your former partner has wronged you or your children, and you may even feel personally at risk. It is understandable that you may be distressed and worried at this time. Remember also that separation can be a tremendously stressful time for your children. They may experience a range of emotions that are difficult for them to deal with and talk about with you.

Adelaide Lawyers offer a first free interview of half an hour to provide you with advice specific to your family law query. Call us on (08) 8227-0922 to arrange your free consult now.

Contact Us Now

Phone: (08) 8227-0922

PO Box 3470
Rundle Mall
South Australia 5000

80 Angas St
Adelaide South Australia 5000

Fax: (08) 8121-6110


Family Law - Applying to change an existing order

If you wish to change existing court order, you will need to show that there has been a significant change of circumstances that makes a change necessary.
Please note that a change to the Family Law Act is not a significant change in circumstance in itself.  See the Family Law Amendment (Shared Parental Responsibility) Act 2006, Schedule 1, Item 44.

You can apply to a court to change an existing order by following the same process as if you were applying for the first time. For more information follow the above left link at 'In this section' to the page titled 'Complying with orders'.

You will need to include a copy of the existing order if you are applying to a different registry (office) of the Family Law Courts or another court (for example, where you are making an application in the Family Court or Federal Circuit Court to vary orders made in a Local or Magistrates Court). If you have been to a family dispute resolution service within the previous 12 months, you need not do so again unless you feel it may assist you to resolve the matter.

If you have been approached about the change or are served with an application for the change, you should consider if the change proposed is in the best interests of the child. That consideration comes before any impact on either parent. If you agree, let the other side know.

You can sign draft consent orders, which the Family Court can make into orders, without the need for you both to appear in court. For more information, follow the above left link at 'In this section' to the page titled 'If you agree on arrangements'.

Alternatively you may enter into a parenting plan. For more information, follow the above left link at 'In this section' to the page titled 'If you agree on arrangements'.  You should obtain legal advice about the effect of a parenting plan in these circumstances.

Family Law Courts